Kumar retina specialists are medical doctors who specialize in ophthalmology and sub-specialized in diseases and surgery of the vitreous body of the eye and the retina. This subspecialty is sometimes known as vitreoretinal medicine.
Our retina specialists diagnose retinal and vitreous diseases through a detailed eye examination using highly technical equipment and testing. They work in both hospitals and clinics treating a wide variety of eye conditions in both adults and children.
Medical and surgical procedures used by retina specialists are exacting. Vitreoretinal surgeons work on very delicate tissue in incredibly small spaces of the eye cavity. Microscopes and lasers are vital tools used by retina specialists for procedures in both the office and hospital settings.
Kumar Retina specialists treat conditions ranging from age-related macular degeneration to retinal detachment and cancers of the eye. They also treat patients who have experienced severe eye trauma and consult on cases where there are hereditary diseases of the eye.
Common Conditions and Diseases Treated by Kumar Retina Specialists
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age-related macular degeneration
- Macular hole/pucker
- Retinal detachment
Maintaining Retina Health for Good Vision
Retinal disease is a leading cause of blindness and early detection is the game changer.
Here’s how to safeguard your sight:
- Be aware of your risk factors, which may include age, family history or pre-existing health conditions.
- Pay attention to visual changes and visit an eye physician right away if you experience symptoms such as blurry or distorted vision, if straight lines appear wavy, or you see dark spot, flashes of light or floaters.
- Have a regular dilated retina exam.
- See a retina specialist for expert care of retinal diseases/conditions.
Call Today for an Appointment